- Breast Cancer is the commonest form of Cancer in women worldwide.
- Breast Cancer is an urban disease
- Every 3 minute a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Every year about 100000 women get diagnosed with breast cancer
- 1 in every 22 women in india is likely to suffer from breast cancer.
- Malwa belt of Punjab has the highest incidence of breast cancer in india.
- 1% of Breast Cancer patients are men.
- Breast cancer is growing in a manner that if its incidence is not controlled, it can be very dangerous.
- Being female
- Getting older
- Family history
- Having children after 30
- Being Overweight
- High socioeconomic status
- Drinking alcohol
- Not exercising
- Having first period before 12
- Current/recent use of birth control pills
- ot breastfeeding
Source- ICMR Study
Source- Roko Cancer Survey